Tuesday, April 28, 2015

make it quick, make it slow

 Dulcie has been at my mum and dad's this morning and, in a bid to make sure today was better than yesterday, I decided to do some making in my new craft corner.  First of all I made these mix-and-match fridge magnets for Dulcie using a heads and tails game I found in a charity shop and some magnetic tape, also found in a charity shop!  I'd been planning to make these for many moons, but seeing a similar project in Jane Foster's new book spurred me into action at last.  They were so quick and satisfying and are really cute.  I hope Dulcie likes them.
 Once I'd warmed up with that little activity, I embarked on the first of my Craftathon 2015 crafts.  Yeah, remember Craftathon 2015?!  I might be slow off the mark, but I'm making a start at last and tackling bead weaving.  Bead weaving?  Beading?  Loom beading?  I don't know what you call it, but making things with beads and threads on a loomy type thing.
This make is SLOW!  And very fiddly and a little bit frustrating.  Plus I have no confidence that it will work because the black beads are much smaller than all the other colours for some reason (annoying) and I expect that will make it go wonky.  Ah well, I'm giving it a bash anyway, though I have a feeling this might take most of 2015 to complete and will it be worth it?  Probably not.

Can you tell what it is yet?  I know one person who might be able to guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)