Wednesday, May 20, 2015

as exciting as my life gets

 
 I treated myself to this book on Amazon and I'm so looking forward to reading it.  I'm confident it will be right up my street and the cover makes me doubly excited.
Another grim (see what I did there?) but exciting sight is our hall.  Look at the state of it!  Graham has been a busy bee, stripping all the wallpaper in preparation for replastering.  Actually, Dulcie has been helping him and loving it.  She's desperate to strip all the rest of our wallpaper now so we'll need to keep a close eye on her!  The plasterer is coming this morning.  Exciting indeed!

Our hall has been a disastrous dumping ground for so long and I can't wait for it to be a welcoming space that I can be proud of...even if I can't allow visitors beyond it!  The wall where the ladder's standing is (hopefully) going to be full of bookshelves.  An actual home library!  I've dreamed about this for years and years and can hardly wait to see it completed, not least because it means I won't have to climb over bags and boxes of books all over the place.
While stripping back the hall, we realised that lots of our unsightly wires and cables were obsolete, but we got a bit carried away with the excitement of ripping them out and accidentally disconnected our phone and internet.  Oops.  The disconnection was a definite team effort (the best way to make such blunders) but poor overworked Graham was very frustrated and unable to see the funny side.  Lucky for him, I channelled my inner Girl Guide (and my physics qualification!) and worked out how to fix it, doing away with about 10 metres of unsightly, paint-covered, unnecessary wire in the process.  I can hardly explain how proud this picture makes me.  And yes, it does look very dodgy but it is safe and only a temporary measure while I wait for some jelly crimps to arrive from eBay.  Jelly crimps!  See, I've even got the lingo!  I'm practically a phone engineer, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)