Friday, July 4, 2008

The great spring clean of summer 2008


This is Poppy.  Cute, isn't she?  Who would have thought she could be the cause of such gruesome and grotesque occurences?  I really am doing a proper spring clean which has meant investigating some dark and secluded corners that had not been fully explored for some months.  I'm sure you can imagine what I might have found...  When I threatened her with the cat orphanage, she puked on my bedroom floor in protest.


This is Lola.  Also very cute, but she is the cause of my scarred face.  Stupidly, I was holding her while Graham was outside cleaning the windows and when the spongy thing hit the window we were in front of she panicked and tried to climb up my face to escape.  It was a bona fide bloodbath. 

And this is my dad, riding his new unicycle in the flaming hot bra I decorated for him for this year's moonwalk.  He has been staying with us this week while he attends a course.  As you can probably guess from this picture, he demands a lot of attention!

With all this working against me, it's quite amazing that I've made the progress I have.  I'm too embarrassed to post the 'before' picture I took of my craft table.  There was so much stuff on it that geological strata were beginning to form.  When I stepped back and looked at the mess, I was no longer surprised that I haven't been making much lately.  I am about 80% of the way towards getting it all tidied (hoping to finish today) and am even thinking of painting the room.  The thought of having a fully functional space to work from is really exciting and then maybe this blog will begin to resemble what I had intended it to be.  Exciting!

I should really go and get back to the great spring clean.  My mum and dad are both coming to stay this weekend (I'm really looking forward to it!) and I'd like to have the bulk of the tidying done before they arrive this evening, or at least check the nooks and crannies for any more "presents" from Poopy Poppy.

2 comments:

  1. hii, Laura thank you for visiting my blog. Poppy and Lola so cute. I hope you had a great weekend with your parents....take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't mention my dad - he's pretty cute too! Just kidding... Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)