Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy birthday, Angus!

My nephew, Angus, is one today and will be opening a parcel containing this robot very soon.  Poor Angus is not well and has come down with the same horrible illness that landed him in hospital on christmas day.  The boy has impeccable timing!  He's quite happy though, apparently, so his birthday barbecue will go ahead as planned.  My niece and nephew live in France so I don't get to see them too often.  My mum and dad are visiting them at the moment and I am a bit jealous.

I was sad not to be able to decorate the robot's control panel with some of my junk/random assortments collection but lord knows I would not want to be responsible for choking my nephew on his first birthday!  I made the control panel design on photoshop and printed it onto iron on transfer paper.  I embroidered on the nuclear symbol with sparkly red thread.  Instead of using buttons for the eyes, I used two of the circles from the liberty fabric I used for the robot's body.  I strengthened them up with interfacing and some meshy material and then just sewed them on.  I like the way they turned out - tres chic!

That's it for today.  I need to clean up a bit before unsuspecting members of the public come to my house this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)