Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Zippity doo dah!

I've been making these zip brooches for a few years now, just as gifts for friends and family.  I dream of opening my own little shop on etsy (one day, one day...) and always thought these would be great to sell.  However, I was never too happy with the back of the brooch.  There were loads of visible messy stitches and it was quite hard to attach the pin.  But may I present to you... zip brooches, the next generation!
I made the little disc from felt and fabric sewn together, turned it right sides out, attached the pin to the disc and then sewed the disc to the brooch.  Simple!  But oh what an improvement! Now I feel like these little cuties would be acceptable to sell.  One baby step closer to being a pro crafter...  Hee hee!

By the way, I found some other lovely zip brooches on flickr.  Why not take a look at this beautiful one by Marilu?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link. Your brooches are very beautiful too and they are suitable to sell, of course.

    Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement, Marilu!

    Laura
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)