Wednesday, May 14, 2014

muppets


My sister introduced (or reintroduced?) me to this old clip from the Muppets recently.  I showed it to Dulcie yesterday and her face was an absolute picture - totally entranced throughout and bursting into a hearty chuckle every time one of the tubes got booted off stage.  I bet you can't watch it without smiling :)


And here's a wee extra - a papercut stop-motion film created by Jim Henson in his early twenties.  I came across this via somebody's blog recently, but I can't remember whose, so apologies if it was yours and you would have liked credit for your excellent recommendation.  I did appreciate it.

PS If you (or your toddler) want to be further entertained, Dulcie also seemed to appreciate this one and this one.  And this one, obviously.  Apparently Animal (when doing the "Mama" bit of Bohemian Rhapsody) is "just like" my dad.  Interesting to get this insight into how Dulcie views her grandfather!

2 comments:

  1. We are currently enjoying Kermit the Frog's newsflashes live from the scene of Rapunzel's tower, Humpty Dumpty's wall and most of all, Rumpelstiltskin's guessing game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a dangerous (but fun) Muppety wormhole once you get started, isn't it?

      Thanks for my top mail! I'm hoping I'll express this sentiment in handwriting too and in the not-too-distant future. But rest assured it was much appreciated :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)