Wednesday, August 20, 2014

fabulous freebies!

Thanks to Marceline's timely reminder, I managed to nab a free swatch of eco canvas from Spoonflower.  I wanted to choose something I could actually use in a project, but didn't have any small-scale projects in mind and there was so much to choose from and so little time.  In the end, I opted for this button fabric by Heidi Kenney, which I love, but that doesn't mean I'm not stressing out over all the lovely button-based designs I didn't choose this time.  Dulcie spent £1 of her holiday money on five old buttons last week (go on, yourself, Dulcie!) and I've been wondering where to put them, so I think I'm going to make her a little pouch from this for her to store her new collection.  The swatch is 8 inches square, so it should be a fine size for a beginner button hoarder :)
 
I think the free swatch offer is open until 4pm today, but don't quote me on that - I find time zones very confusing.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning this in time for me to grab a swatch for myself, I chose a lovely bicycle print. Having small children has really developed my ability to make snap decisions... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I'm hoping for a bit more notice so I can spend more time making my selection, but there's SO MUCH on there, I don't think you'd ever feel like you'd seen enough. Maybe the smash and grab approach is for the best. Glad you managed to find something too :)

      Delete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)