Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Breadcrumbs and butterbeans make chocolate biscuits!"


I was very sad to hear Oliver Postgate had died. I know I'm not alone in loving his voice, imagination and animation. His programmes always send me straight back to my childhood. I loved Bagpuss and Ivor The Engine particularly. I once ordered an Ivor The Engine colouring book from a school book club. They had sold out of it so sent me a Thomas the Tank Engine book as an alternative. I was not impressed! My favourite Bagpuss episode is the one where the mice have a magical mill that makes chocolate biscuits from breadcrumbs and butterbeans... or does it? I couldn't find that clip on YouTube but I hope you enjoy the mice doing other good deeds in their poetic and musical way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)