Thursday, July 3, 2014

crafting curtains

FREDRIKA Fabric IKEA
This is the fabric we've chosen for Dulcie's bedroom curtains.  It's so much nicer in real life - really bright and seventies-ish and will look great with her white walls, I think.  I hadn't planned to look for curtain fabric in IKEA, but when I saw this, I knew it was right for the room and bought it immediately.  Hard to believe, I know, but I've never made curtains before, or not from scratch.  These are to be lined and will need to be joined for width too.  Eep.  Monday is the day I have set aside for the making.  I'll have a nice, big, empty room, all clean and newly decorated, to work in.  I'm hoping this will help me to succeed...  [Please don't let me mess them up.]  Having played a relatively minor role in the DIY and decorating, now is my time to shine!  Ha ha!  Wish me luck, please, and all curtain-making tips gratefully received!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)