Saturday, July 19, 2014

things people put in books

While having a quick tidy-up on Thursday afternoon, I found my stash of bookmarks.  I did consider photographing more and using it as my annual "accidental collections" blog post, but decided that would really just be an (excellent!) excuse to ditch the tidying up, so instead I decided to share just this one, one of my favourites.  I think we were given these at school in the '80s.  Quite ominous looking, I suppose, but I really like it.  I was quite ruthless and took about 75% of my bookmarks to the charity shop.  I was in a donating sort of a mood and I'm sure I won't miss them.  I didn't give away anything nearly so special as this one.

Beside my bookmarks was my small collection of things I've found in books, which I sometimes like to use as bookmarks too.  I blogged about that a long time ago (2008!) but I don't think I've added anything to the collection since then, so you should click on the link if you want to have a look.  

Later that afternoon, Abe Books sent me an email all about the strange and wonderful things their second-hand booksellers had found in books too!  Weird coincidence, huh?  The article makes for quite interesting reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)