Monday, July 28, 2014

library luck (again)

Dulcie tried to veto this book when I found it in the library recently.  She refused to listen to it for the first few days.  But I persevered.  I knew she'd love it eventually, though I didn't realise she'd love it quite so much as she does.  She chooses this every bedtime and her face while we read it is a (delightful) picture.  Her mouth hangs agape as the boy does something scary and she gasps and beams as the dog stops him doing anything too scary.  It's a lovely book, it really is.  We might have to invest in our own copy.

I blogged about another Helen Stephens book once before, also brilliant.  She's an author/illustrator worth looking out for, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)